UBot Underground

Help With Basic Ui Dropdown From List

Hey all - Sorry for the basic request, but I've searched for the last hour or so and am struggling with something (I'm newish to ubot).

I've got a csv file with a few rows & columns, such as:

John smith, jsmith@blah.com, password123, homepage,

alex jones, ajones@iuhdiuh.com, password321, homepage,

What my goal is, is to make a UI dropdown from the first colum (names).

I tried making a table (called &loaded) from the CSV (worked) and then making a list from that table, using 'list from table', to populate the dropdown...

ui drop down("Select",$plugin function("TableCommands.dll", "$list from table", &loaded, "Column", 0),#name)

This is where things go wrong!

Instead of the dropdown having the names as two separate items like so:

John smith

alex jones

It seems to see all the rows for column 1 as the same and puts them like this in the dropdown:

'John smith alex jones'

... As one option.

I've search for help quite a bit, but keep just finding people trying to auto-reload the dropdown (a stage more advanced than what I'm trying to do!). Any help with just populating dropdown items from the first column of a CSV, with a single option for each row? < Is making a table from the CSV, then using a 'list from table' command the right way to do it? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by MikeTheMike

try.

ui drop down("Select",$replace($replace regular expression("John smith, jsmith@blah.com, password123, homepage,
alex jones, ajones@iuhdiuh.com, password321, homepage,",",.*",""),$new line,","),#Select)

and from you code

ui drop down("Select",$replace($plugin function("TableCommands.dll", "$list from table", &loaded, "Column", 0),$new line,","),#name)
  • Like 1

Heyyyyyy :D

A MASSIVE thanks! The code below works perfectly!

You're an absolute star :D

and from you code

ui drop down("Select",$replace($plugin function("TableCommands.dll", "$list from table", &loaded, "Column", 0),$new line,","),#name)