UBot Underground

Add To List On Click?

hi everyone, longtime lurker, thanks for all the great stuff thats been posted here :)

My question: Is there any way to make a bot add links to a list upon clicking them? I am making a bot that requires a list of links as input, and right now i am having to manually look through listings and right click and copy pasting the links im interested in into a text file, which i am using as the input for the bot. i cant just scrape all the links, because i have to manually look at each image to decide if i am interested in it. it would speed things up a lot if i could have a module/tab of the bot where it adds each link to a list (it is an image id be clicking, and it would copy the link from the image). that way, rather than having to do all the right clicking and such, i could just quickly tap the listings i am interested in

does anyone have a clue how to do this? thanks in advance!  :)

No way I can think to do that without making it really complicated.

But maybe what you can do is add all the images to a list, then loop through them and use load html and some buttons like yes and no. That way when you run it you can select each with the buttons which will have to run a script adding the current image to another list to use later.

hi everyone, longtime lurker, thanks for all the great stuff thats been posted here :)

My question: Is there any way to make a bot add links to a list upon clicking them? I am making a bot that requires a list of links as input, and right now i am having to manually look through listings and right click and copy pasting the links im interested in into a text file, which i am using as the input for the bot. i cant just scrape all the links, because i have to manually look at each image to decide if i am interested in it. it would speed things up a lot if i could have a module/tab of the bot where it adds each link to a list (it is an image id be clicking, and it would copy the link from the image). that way, rather than having to do all the right clicking and such, i could just quickly tap the listings i am interested in

does anyone have a clue how to do this? thanks in advance!   :)

I created a simple bot to do something similar to what you are asking for. I am looking to purchase a boat from craigslist.

The bot scrapes all of the cl listings meeting my criteria and saves the urls to a list.

It then cycles through that list one by one. If I am interested in the current item, I click on the button to save that item. (the define for that button scrapes data from that listing and saves it, along with the url, to a different list)

If I am not interested in the item I click the button for next item which brings up the next item in the list.

After I had gone through the entire list, I click the button to save the data to my computer.

Sounds like something like this may work for you.

hey

here is a simple enough solution,of course the bot needs to be running to work,I made a function so you can use it with sites,the example below,goes to the homepage of imgur.com where you can just click images and images href are added to a list,how this works,is the change attribute forces all href's on the page to open in a new window,meanwhile ubot is checking if a new window is open every 2 seconds,if one is,it adds the windows URL to the list and closes the window

set(#url,"http://imgur.com/","Global")
allow popups("In New Window")
navigate(#url,"Wait")
wait for browser event("DOM Ready","")
wait for browser event("Page Loaded","")
wait for browser event("Everything Loaded","")
wait(3)
set(#url,$url,"Global")
change attribute(<href=w"*">,"target","javascript: openwindow()")
loop while($comparison($url,"=",#url)) {
    wait(0.5)
    in popup {
        wait(3)
        add item to list(%links,$url,"Don\'t Delete","Global")
        close page
    }
}

No way I can think to do that without making it really complicated.

But maybe what you can do is add all the images to a list, then loop through them and use load html and some buttons like yes and no. That way when you run it you can select each with the buttons which will have to run a script adding the current image to another list to use later.

thats a great idea, i hadnt thought of that , thanks buddy :)

@jomark3 i think we are doing the same type of thing, a bit of power-bartering ;)

@deliter thanks so much, i would have never thought of handling it like that. stuff like that makes me realize how much i am a marketer and not a programmer hahaha... people that are good at this stuff are so freakin good at it :) thanks a bunch

• 2 months later...