UBot Underground

Lost Source Code Found! - Ubot Version 5

Fellow botters it happened again.

After all we have talked about SAVING, SAVING, SAVING your source code, I lost 5 hours of work again today.

I had been saving my Source Code over and over. Then I closed and opened UBOT 5 and opened my file and it was the version from 5 hours before.

I was PSSSST off!!!

I went on a computer wide search of my updated source code looking for it under it's file name.

I didn't find it.

I finally looked in the following directory:

C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp

I found a recently modified file called:   tmp2B90.tmp

I renamed it with a .UBOT extension and opened it.

IT WAS THE LOST SOURCE CODE!!!

It was perfectly in tack.

• Like 6

how long did it take you to find it? :) hopefully under 5 hours. lol

I would make a shortcut to the folder you found it in on your desktop. 

OMG this just happened to me! lost about the same 5 hours work, dude, thanks so much for posting this, i just went right into the folder, and there it was.

SORTED

:)

What kind of issues are you guys having? I rarely have ubot crashing on me. Normally it's me doing something stupid and putting ubot into an infinite loop, lol.

Frank

Frank,

I haven't had many issues either. When I posted this I had closed UBOT STUDIO for a little while and then had gone back to do some more work and my changes were gone.

yeah for me, i closed ubot down, so i could open the program up and run it through its final test, and it just happened, it didn't crash or anything while it was closing

I just had this happen again, although it was just a general ubot crash, but even still, source code was there, as there was no auto recovery option when i reloaded again! 

This thread is mandatory reading, cheers again

• 4 weeks later...

AGAIN!!! Had ubot crash, and even though i saved it, still the same problem, but i got it back in the temp folder. The easy way to avoid this is when you do save as, make sure that you go back into to save as and see that the file modified time is just now. I forgot to do that this time, but normally remember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@arunner26  Thank you Thank you Thank you.  You saved my day, my live and my business! :D  Suddenly 2 ubot files were "not valid ubot file" and almost crying :( found this thread!  Both were in my temp folder!  Thanks again.

Luis Carlos

• Like 1

@arunner26  Thank you Thank you Thank you. 

Luis Carlos

Luis,

Thank you for your comments. You made my day. I'm always so glad when I see people benefiting from my post.

I'm surprised UBOT developers haven't done more to keep this problem from happening.

Andy (Arunner26)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...