UBot Underground

Ubot 5.71 Wont Open On Fresh Install Of 8.1

OK so Im at my wits end with ubot.  All of a sudden on my win 8.1 install when I opened ubot it would just sit at the splash screen with no ui loading. Nothing I did would get it to load back in to the ui. 

I thought it was related to my Eset AV/Firewall so I did a ton of troubleshooting with it then the registry and eventually just backed up all my stuff and reinstalled winblows 8.1

So here I am on day 2 of my fresh win 8.1 install , NO Av or firewall installed, disabled windows defender and related software protection services,

in fact I have a WIDE OPEN UNPROTECTED MACHINE WITH JUST UBOT 5.71 ON IT no plugins enabled

AND I GET THE SAME MESSAGE

"Starting ubot studio" staring at the splash screen... and it will not load into the UI...

Very very very very very fraustrated right now and don't know what to do next... yes I contacted support...

open to any suggestions at this point..

http://masscouponsubmitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ubotwontload.jpg

BUT it never starts ...

I left it overnight and was same in the morning.. same same same same.. so what winblows should I try next?

Quite sure any winblows that updates signatures will kill the browser and in effect ubot. 

http://masscouponsubmitter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/wtf.png

Thanks for chiming in , I tried that Dan and it just asks for log in again and does same thing.. 

Worked fine for one day then I installed 1.5 gb winblows update. 

So far have added all exe (ubot and browser) to win defender and firewall, tried with them both on and off..

If ubot cant work on a fresh winblows install (with updates) without any AV/Firewall that might be an issue they should look into..

I'm on a win 8.1 system as well. With all the latest updates. And UBot works perfectly fine here.

Let the support guys look into it. That's probably your best chance. Might be something wrong with your login account?
Do you have another PC / Laptop where you can test?

Dan

Yes I have it on a vista machine, slow as all hell but works  :( 2 days old only one restore point and Im not gonna do a restore on a fresh install may as well just reinstall it again. 

Well I fixed it, not 100% sure how but I can tell it was one or a combo of these things.

So to sum it up "What happened in what order"

Win 8.1 install - 1 year from june 18th 2014 since last wipe, ubot 5.71 suddenly wont open try some basic troubleshooting to my av, backup data and reinstall windows

fresh install of 8.1 updated with ubot 5.71

- installed some older ubot apps that added in additional browser entries under %appdata% ubot studio browser specifically 4.2.20

The fix

deleted everything , uninstalled ubot 5.71

rebooted

ran ccleaner / fixed missing reg entries

installed ubot 4.2.2

installed ubot 5.71

Happy days again...

Browser.exe conflict of some sort from what I can surmise hope this helps the next sucker.

WIN 8 is the ultimate gotcha.  We have abandoned v8 at my day job due to wide spread issues like this.  Our HelpDesk was chasing down all kinds of rabbit trails.

Not much help from Microsoft when their own Help people only know the words "Wipe the hard drive and re-install Win 8.1"

From what our Tech guys could determine it seem to relate to Registry conflicts (Real and Imaginary).  Real as in what we added to the system and the Imaginary came from odd ball things Microsoft was doing.

From a strange perspective...the tablets that we use for a specialized group has not had one issue.

So 10 Tablets versus 1,000 PCs and laptops.  Our solution: shelve the Win 8.1 installs and go back to Win 7.

Lucky me, I fought to avoid the upgrade.  Got a black-eye from some of the discussions but ultimately they had to walk past my desk after I heard the solution.  Boy have I had a blast taunting these guys walking past my desk since then.  Hahaha

"From what our Tech guys could determine it seem to relate to Registry conflicts (Real and Imaginary).  Real as in what we added to the system and the Imaginary came from odd ball things Microsoft was doing."

seem to?  Your tech guys can't confirm this after all of them passed your desk? What on earth the reason

Won't Open On Fresh Install Of 8.1?

So I can update to win8 as well and tell everybody wide spread your solution and benefit from this.

• 4 years later...

Ok, same situation here 2 days ago on Windows 10 actual releases. Ubot "X" Developer Edition did not start anymore ...

What I did ->

1. Uninstall Ubot

2. Removed remaining files at C:\Programs\Ubot Studio

3. Removed remaining files at "appdata\roaming"

4. Ran CCLeaner Registry cleaner (re-run it 3-4 times to have empty results)

5. Reboot PC

6. Install latest version with ADMIN-rights

7. Works again!