UBot Underground

Http Post - Reduce Memory Consumption Greatly With One Node

I wish I found this out on accident but to tell you the truth it took me over a week straight of fiddling with Ubot and trying different things out. 

If you want to create a bot with HTTP Post there is one known way to reduce memory - HTTP Clear Objects

When you call this node you will see that the memory consumption is greatly reduced, however there is one more node that I haven't see anybody talk about.

Even when I Google it there is almost no mention of this node. I have not read every single post in the HTTP Post sales thread so maybe somebody mentioned it but I don't think anybody has talked about it in this context before.

HTTP Clear Headers

Bolding that so people don't miss it. When you call HTTP Clear Objects at the end of a thread make sure you also call HTTP Clear Headers as well. You can split test this to see what affect it has, the results may surprise you! After a one hour test I've had the memory be reduced by 900 MB for example, just by adding that one node!

• Like 6
  • 7 months later...

sorry for the newbie question but where shall i insert this code?\

Thank You

This would generally be used in programs that do a lot of loops which will end up raising the memory over time. So you would be putting it near the end of the loop after you are done with all the HTTP Post commands for that loop. If you use HTTP Clear Objects already (which you should be) then put this one right before or after that command.

• 4 months later...

Interesting.. wondering how implementing variable/data clears as a as a matter of practice would affect even smaller bots..  two or three weeks in, and I'm already craving the Developer Edition lol..  Maybe try to recoup some loses first!

BTW, am I the only person NOT using ExBrowser and HTTP Post?  Swear to god, they're mentioned, referenced and used so regularly, they should just be built into ubot right off the bat!

• 4 weeks later...