UBot Underground

Ubot doesn't show www.tumblr/search results anymore ?

Since the last update of tumblr, I cannot show the result of a research on tumblr.

I've tried many user agents as possible, the result of a search doesn't appear anymore.... Look at my screen.

Do you have guys a solution for this ? Any idea of what could be the problem ?

The source code from the search page (on ubot) is not the same as if I open it with firefox, miss a lot of things.

I use ubot 4.2.20, I also have tested it on Ubot 5.0

post-7178-0-65313500-1415290126_thumb.png

Yes it seems that some sites are identifying the ubot browser due to the lake of spoofing tools in ubot and the outdated awesomium
 browser bolt on. I have been having this problem for a few weeks, I will PM you the work around. But this needs to get fixed by the

developers. the outdated awesomium browers is becoming a big problem.

• Like 2

Yes it seems that some sites are identifying the ubot browser due to the lake of spoofing tools in ubot and the outdated awesomium

browser bolt on. I have been having this problem for a few weeks, I will PM you the work around. But this needs to get fixed by the

developers. the outdated awesomium browers is becoming a big problem.

Thank you very much for your answer ;)

I'm waiting for your PM, thank you again you rock !

• Like 1

Heard a few people saying this but touch wood I haven't had the problem yet and my Tumblr bots are working okay (apart from the like bot, having problems with that one but not in the searching).

Agree that Ubot needs to sort this out as its down to what the others have said as well as browser size spoofing - if you open in a new browser the default window size is 500x500 which makes it stick out like a sore thumb.

• Like 1

Heard a few people saying this but touch wood I haven't had the problem yet and my Tumblr bots are working okay (apart from the like bot, having problems with that one but not in the searching).

Agree that Ubot needs to sort this out as its down to what the others have said as well as browser size spoofing - if you open in a new browser the default window size is 500x500 which makes it stick out like a sore thumb.

You may want too keep an eye out for the change to your accounts. Twitter tried this trick a while back where they only changed some people accounts and then left the other account original. I ended up have to build two bots in one so it worked on everyone's account

Thank you guys for your answers. I'm don't want to use the tumblr API to let tumblr think the actions I make with my bot are done by an human.

I dont' understant why ubot browser cannot show the entire page of the tumblr search page, some of the scripts are not loading, some buttons and images are not loading and it sucks...

I really hope Ubot team will upgrade Ubot 4 awesomium to make it work again :(

Thank you guys for your answers. I'm don't want to use the tumblr API to let tumblr think the actions I make with my bot are done by an human.

I dont' understant why ubot browser cannot show the entire page of the tumblr search page, some of the scripts are not loading, some buttons and images are not loading and it sucks...

I really hope Ubot team will upgrade Ubot 4 awesomium to make it work again :(

Ubot 4 is no longer supported so don't hold out for updates to Awesomium, or anything else for that matter, in V4

Ubot 4 is no longer supported so don't hold out for updates to Awesomium, or anything else for that matter, in V4

This is not cool, Ubot 5 is not working for me, cannot import some huge bots I've made with Ubot4 in Ubot 5... too bad...

I also have tested to display the "www.tumblr.com/search/keyword" URL on ubot 5.... doesn't either work

zenos,

I would open tickets with UBOT support on both issues since I really think they want to make version 5.5 a success.

I will try to ask the support team, but I don't understand where and how to do that...

unfortunately ubot v 5 uses the same awesomium version as ubot v 4, so where still in the same boat.

I think you got this wrong...data is still served by the Tumblr server (you can check that by taking page HTML source from UBot and pasting it into WYSIWYG editor), I think it's just not rendered (correctly) in UBot, that's why you don't see the results.

With that said, you are still able to scrape the URLs,example:

add list to list(%URLs, $scrape attribute(<data-pin-url=w"*">, "data-pin-url"), "Delete", "Global")

Even clicking works:

click($element offset(<class="tumblelog_info">, 0), "Left Click", "Yes")

• Like 2

Thank you UBotDev for your answer ;)

I think you got this wrong...data is still served by the Tumblr server (you can check that by taking page HTML source from UBot and pasting it into WYSIWYG editor), I think it's just not rendered (correctly) in UBot, that's why you don't see the results.

With that said, you are still able to scrape the URLs,example:

add list to list(%URLs, $scrape attribute(<data-pin-url=w"*">, "data-pin-url"), "Delete", "Global")

Ok you're rigth with this, but I can't load more than 20 results, it does not load more posts if I scroll down...

And I cannot click, it does not validate if I click on a "like button".

It seems to be, but it's not clicking...

So why can't we see it "correctly" in Ubot ? Is it about awesomium outdated version ? What could it be if it's not awesomium ?

Thank you UBotDev for your answer ;)

Ok you're rigth with this, but I can't load more than 20 results, it does not load more posts if I scroll down...

And I cannot click, it does not validate if I click on a "like button".

It seems to be, but it's not clicking...

owever

So why can't we see it "correctly" in Ubot ? Is it about awesomium outdated version ? What could it be if it's not awesomium ?

It may be that because content is not rendered correctly that UBot miss-clicks that button which may not trigger script behind it, not sure, but as you can see the click command from previous reply works.

I think it's Awesomiums fault, although I haven't investigated why this would happen...

• Like 1

You can change the browser size by doing something like this:

clear list(%width)
clear list(%height)
add list to list(%width, $list from text("1680
2400", $new line), "Delete", "Global")
add list to list(%height, $list from text("950
1500", $new line), "Delete", "Global")
wait(1)
set(#width, $random list item(%width), "Global")
wait(1)
set(#height, $random list item(%height), "Global")
wait(1)
plugin command("SoftwareWindows.dll", "browser size", #width, #height)
wait(1)
navigate("http://whatsmy.browsersize.com/", "Wait")

You can change the browser size by doing something like this:

clear list(%width)
clear list(%height)
add list to list(%width, $list from text("1680
2400", $new line), "Delete", "Global")
add list to list(%height, $list from text("950
1500", $new line), "Delete", "Global")
wait(1)
set(#width, $random list item(%width), "Global")
wait(1)
set(#height, $random list item(%height), "Global")
wait(1)
plugin command("SoftwareWindows.dll", "browser size", #width, #height)
wait(1)
navigate("http://whatsmy.browsersize.com/", "Wait")

What plugin is that from - I was after native support like it was in earlier versions of Ubot. It was taken out due to a problem with Awesomium and even though Awesomium has now been updated, Ubot hasn't upgraded so the problem is still there. 

If the plugin isn't too expensive I will have a look at getting it - just grinds a bit that I buy plugins and then months later the exact functionality is included in Ubot (look at some of the plugins released in the past - Aymenss HTTP, the FTP plugin etc - all great plugins that I had no problem buying just so Ubot can include them natively later on and call them new features!)

• 2 weeks later...

I am also facing the same issue. Will changing the window size fix this problem?   I submitted a ticket to support but they replied that they can't help, since I didn't subscribed for updates or support.

Is monthly subscription mandatory to get support besides purchasing ubot?

• 3 months later...

make sure your useragent type, matches the browser window size for that type of useragent.  if your using a mobile useragent like android, or iphone it should be sized properly.  to match otherwise could through a red flag

Sorry to dig up an old thread.