Homer

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Total Memory:3Gb
  • Framework:v3.5 & v4.0
  • License:Developer Edition

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

love these one word answers means your busy coding get to it  :)

Diplomacy is the art of telling somebody to go to hell in such a way as they actually look forward to the trip.

#22 kev123

kev123

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Total Memory:8Gb

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

it would be good if you could do a quick paragraph on the move to c++. I realise a key part was security but was there any other benefits present or future.

#23 Bot-Factory (Dan)

Bot-Factory (Dan)

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3101 posts
  • LocationEurope/Germany
  • Framework:v4.0

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

Seth,

can you talk a bit about the release plan? Do we talk about weeks, months or years here? When can we expect 5.5?

Will it also include a new Mulithreading engine? 

Browser engine will still be awesomium?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Kindest regards

Dan

Signature-JPG.jpg

#24 Seth Turin

Seth Turin

Administrator

• ADMIN
  • 1171 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

6 years, tops

But seriously, setting hard deadlines is a good idea in business and a terrible idea in programming. It's hard to know exactly when it will be ready, but I'd like to have it done within the month. That's not a guarantee, but we're all working crazy hard on it, so it shouldn't take too long.

The browser will still be awesomium for 5.5. Beyond 5.5, I'd like to work toward integrating alternative browsers. Awesomium is a great library, but it's frustrating to deal with browser issues that I have no control over. Web browsers are naturally messy and buggy, and awesomium is better than a lot of browsers (I'm looking at you, internet explorer), but at the very least, offering an option would only help things.

The threading bugs are already fixed, pending more testing. Additionally, as we talked about before, I'd like to build in a better system for threading. In some of the scripts I've seen, there have been clever ways to run a thread a given number of times while limiting the number of threads running at any given time. The downside is that these methods significantly increase the complexity of the script, leading to scripting errors and general headaches for our support staff. If the thread command wrapped that complexity, so you could just set properties for total threads and max threads at a time, I think it would be a good start. Threading is hard, but it's also awesome. I'll see what I can do to make it super simple.

All the marvels of the modern world exist because of automation. Automation lets us be more human, and more than human. Visit my blog.

#25 kev123

kev123

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

If the thread command wrapped that complexity, so you could just set properties for total threads and max threads at a time, I think it would be a good start. Threading is hard, but it's also awesome. I'll see what I can do to make it super simple.

I have this written in a plugin just waiting on my support ticket replied :)

here it is in its most simple form http://screencast.com/t/Mw5AF9m0jCO

There's more complex commands for the more advanced ubotters.

#26 Seth Turin

Seth Turin

Administrator

• ADMIN
  • 1171 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

Yeah! Like that!

All the marvels of the modern world exist because of automation. Automation lets us be more human, and more than human. Visit my blog.

#27 Bot-Factory (Dan)

Bot-Factory (Dan)

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3101 posts
  • LocationEurope/Germany

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

Wow.. Is that new plugin Kev? I'm in  :D

Signature-JPG.jpg

#28 Bot-Factory (Dan)

Bot-Factory (Dan)

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3101 posts
  • LocationEurope/Germany

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

6 years, tops

But seriously, setting hard deadlines is a good idea in business and a terrible idea in programming. It's hard to know exactly when it will be ready, but I'd like to have it done within the month. That's not a guarantee, but we're all working crazy hard on it, so it shouldn't take too long.

The browser will still be awesomium for 5.5. Beyond 5.5, I'd like to work toward integrating alternative browsers. Awesomium is a great library, but it's frustrating to deal with browser issues that I have no control over. Web browsers are naturally messy and buggy, and awesomium is better than a lot of browsers (I'm looking at you, internet explorer), but at the very least, offering an option would only help things.

The threading bugs are already fixed, pending more testing. Additionally, as we talked about before, I'd like to build in a better system for threading. In some of the scripts I've seen, there have been clever ways to run a thread a given number of times while limiting the number of threads running at any given time. The downside is that these methods significantly increase the complexity of the script, leading to scripting errors and general headaches for our support staff. If the thread command wrapped that complexity, so you could just set properties for total threads and max threads at a time, I think it would be a good start. Threading is hard, but it's also awesome. I'll see what I can do to make it super simple.

Awesome Seth! It's great that you are more active in the community and share some of the Ubot team insides! Looking forward to the future. It's getting better.

Dan

Signature-JPG.jpg

#29 kev123

kev123

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

Wow.. Is that new plugin Kev? I'm in  :D

waiting for key seems to be new process. don't wana hijack this thread. pm me for any questions or ideas.

#30 giganut

giganut

softwareautomation.org

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost In Space!
  • Total Memory:4Gb
  • Framework:v4.5+, unsure

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Seth, it's really good to hear from you. Your creation has become a daily part of my life, and my family's life. I went from working dead end jobs to starting 4 of my own successful company's, making a really good living, just from using your software (Thank You!). I know v 5 and your team has the potential to take it to the next level and blow v 4 out of the water. I hope we can see your progress emails come back soon also. Best of luck to you Seth.

softwareautomation-banner.png

#31 malefic

malefic

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Total Memory:3Gb

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

Any updates Seth, been radio silence for a few weeks since you announced V5.5 and made a rare appearance into the Skype group.

#32 Code Docta (Nick C.)

Code Docta (Nick C.)

Member for Hire

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1457 posts
  • LocationIn a Python or UBot IDE or ubotdocta.com
  • Total Memory:More Than 9Gb
  • Framework:v4.5+, unsure

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

Any updates Seth, been radio silence for a few weeks since you announced V5.5 and made a rare appearance into the Skype group.

Yes. please been some time on the "testing" of 5.5,

How goes it?

TC

UBot Expert Tutorials

ubot-docta-header-ubot-expert-store.png

Python and UBot expert tutorials and documentation at ubotdocta.com

#33 Seth Turin

Seth Turin

Administrator

• ADMIN
  • 1171 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Keep an eye on our blog and social media to stay up on how everything is going (last updated 3 days ago) http://ubotstudio.com/blog/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users