Seth Turin

Administrator

• ADMIN
  • 1171 posts
  • Total Memory:8Gb
  • Framework:v3.5 & v4.0
  • License:Developer Edition

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

It’s been one hell of a year at UBot Media. Old friends and moved on from our team, new friends are making a name for themselves, and all the while, UBot Studio has been evolving. For the last few months, I’ve taken a hard look at the UBot Studio source base. I got to see some ideas expertly executed, other ideas sloppily and hurriedly done, and still other ideas that were started years ago but never saw the light of day.

It had been a while since I had worn my programmer hat, and I’m glad for the opportunity. The experience has rekindled a passion for something I crafted years ago in my own hands. After all, UBot is more than just business software. UBot is a different way of thinking about the world, about how we get work done. And as it stands, it has only seen but a fraction of its full potential.

Such a thorough audit of our code base has revealed a multitude of things I would like to see fixed or all together changed. Accomplishing everything I want to accomplish will take time, but it’s a journey that will be well worth the effort. I’ve never been so sure that the people on my team are the best humans for the task at hand. And after painstaking experimentation and selection, the technologies we’ve chosen for the future of UBot Studio are the strongest that are available for this moment in time.

So what does that future look like, exactly? I can’t give all the details, but what I can say is that the next update of UBot will be for version 5.5. It will contain a number of internal changes to make the software heartier and more sustainable. I also plan to check some items off the community wish list, and off my personal wish list as well. With this announcement, I will begin updating the tracker to mark the development of UBot 5.5.

So with a team of truly exceptional people, it’s now time to move forward with all the passion, talent, and sweat we have to offer.

All the marvels of the modern world exist because of automation. Automation lets us be more human, and more than human. Visit my blog.

#2 UBotDev

UBotDev

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1395 posts
  • Total Memory:More Than 9Gb

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Nice to hear you took some time to rethink v5 and that we are getting back on track, good luck with the development and I hope we can see some progress soon.

CLICK UBotDev.com - Download FREE UBot Plugins!

#3 UBotBuddy

UBotBuddy

UBot Studio Training

• ADMIN
  • 3520 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Framework:v4.5+, unsure

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

AWESOME to hear!

UBot Training for FREE! Yes, that is correct!

#4 zap

zap

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • LocationUK london

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Will version 5.5 still stay backward compatible?

#5 kev123

kev123

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

good to know

ubot 4 wasn't a million miles away towards the end of its development. If you can get the stability in 5 and maybe a few nice additions like a better browser, hopefully U5 can take off where four left off and become world class.

#6 LoWrIdErTJ - BotGuru

LoWrIdErTJ - BotGuru

Botguru.net

• Moderators
  • 4635 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

great news

Web Automation Bots, and Ubot Plugins @ BotGuru.net Want a Custom bot? click here or Email me

ForumBanner.png

21 PLUGINS ABSOLUTELY FREE 100s for commands and functions

#7 Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Custombotsolutions.com

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3166 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Glad to hear this.

#8 the_way

the_way

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Total Memory:3Gb
  • Framework:v4.0

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

sounds amazing, i think your avatar photo says it all really, you got his foot on the gas!

Is there not a decent plan you could put together and delegate to more wiling members for code changes in certain functions? 

2VHxTj5.png

#9 iDollarsteam

iDollarsteam

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

Great news!! I hardly wait for 5.5! May be you can put some people on your team to take a good look on cookies manipulation and storing (may be sharing the cookies between browser and HTTP requests if is even possible, reusing cookies stored for new browsers and so on), on javascript emulation and also updating the awesomium browser (may be changing it with a new, more robust solution... or implement a parallel solution) and also add some new windows automation commands and functions ... We need to be able to automate the big players on the net like Google, Youtube, Facebook in a consistent and effective way ... and they are harder and harder to crack with the tools existent on the market today ... I would love to see Ubot become again a tool that makes it very easy to automate the big names on the Internet regardless of their protection :) ...

#10 LoWrIdErTJ - BotGuru

LoWrIdErTJ - BotGuru

Botguru.net

• Moderators
  • 4635 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:42 PM

Great news!! I hardly wait for 5.5! May be you can put some people on your team to take a good look on cookies manipulation and storing (may be sharing the cookies between browser and HTTP requests if is even possible, reusing cookies stored for new browsers and so on), on javascript emulation and also updating the awesomium browser (may be changing it with a new, more robust solution... or implement a parallel solution) and also add some new windows automation commands and functions ... We need to be able to automate the big players on the net like Google, Youtube, Facebook in a consistent and effective way ... and they are harder and harder to crack with the tools existent on the market today ... I would love to see Ubot become again a tool that makes it very easy to automate the big names on the Internet regardless of their protection :) ...

document.cookie

in a run javascript will get the cookies from browser, then you can use them in http post plugin.  flip side should be able to execute another run javascript in setting cookies as well before navigating to a site with browser as well.

Web Automation Bots, and Ubot Plugins @ BotGuru.net Want a Custom bot? click here or Email me

ForumBanner.png

21 PLUGINS ABSOLUTELY FREE 100s for commands and functions

#11 lxhbv3844

lxhbv3844

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

great news, wait for it :D

#12 the_way

the_way

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Total Memory:3Gb

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

everyone change their avatars to Seth for a couple of days if you support 5.5! lets get the party bouncing, 

2VHxTj5.png

#13 Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Custombotsolutions.com

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3166 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

everyone change their avatars to Seth for a couple of days if you support 5.5! lets get the party bouncing, 

LOL. Really? What are you, 12?

#14 wilriv21

wilriv21

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

LOL. Really? What are you, 12?

NO, 12 and a half ;)

#15 Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Custombotsolutions.com

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3166 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

document.cookie

in a run javascript will get the cookies from browser, then you can use them in http post plugin.  flip side should be able to execute another run javascript in setting cookies as well before navigating to a site with browser as well.

Hey Bud,

How exactly are you going to load a ubot browser cookie to use on http plugin?

Thanks for the info.

#16 Code Docta (Nick C.)

Code Docta (Nick C.)

Member for Hire

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • LocationIn a Python or UBot IDE or ubotdocta.com

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

This is good news man... I really hope you turn this around because it's such a great idea!

UBot Expert Tutorials

ubot-docta-header-ubot-expert-store.png

Python and UBot expert tutorials and documentation at ubotdocta.com

#17 Seth Turin

Seth Turin

Administrator

• ADMIN
  • 1171 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

uh....thanks.....

All the marvels of the modern world exist because of automation. Automation lets us be more human, and more than human. Visit my blog.

#18 Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Custombotsolutions.com

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3166 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

Hey seth, you changed this issue http://tracker.ubots....com/issues/251 to resolved. Does that mean that plugins will now load faster on ubot startup on the upcoming v5.5?

#19 Seth Turin

Seth Turin

Administrator

• ADMIN
  • 1171 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hey seth, you changed this issue http://tracker.ubots....com/issues/251 to resolved. Does that mean that plugins will now load faster on ubot startup on the upcoming v5.5?

yup

#20 Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Custombotsolutions.com

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3166 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

yup

Thats enough answer for me.. Now i am excited for the version 5!

Seth is back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users