UBot Underground

I need help clicking the Gmail Month & Gender Dropdown menu

Welcome aboard,

I think its great you've gotten a head start at such a young age.

You can manipulate the dropdowns by changing the user agent to ie6.

But I would say that starting out with a gmail account creator might not be the easiest things to do.

Gmail is notoriously hard to bot.

Good luck,

Justin

• Like 1

Hehe....how nice. If only my mother would bought me UBot at 18. :)

I don't think the download exists (according to this discussion), so I guess you would have to contact the support, I think they should be able to help you getting v4.

Yeah, Gmail is being quite pain in the ass...after a few quick tries (element offset and click using location didn't work) I got it working with this:

click($element offset(<class="goog-inline-block goog-flat-menu-button-dropdown">, 0), "Left Click", "No")
        wait for browser event("DOM Ready", "")
        wait for element(<class="goog-menu goog-menu-vertical">, "", "Appear")
        type text(<id=":0">, "December
", "Standard")

Welcome aboard,

I think its great you've gotten a head start at such a young age.

You can manipulate the dropdowns by changing the user agent to ie6.

But I would say that starting out with a gmail account creator might not be the easiest things to do.

Gmail is notoriously hard to bot.

Good luck,

Justin

thanks, well I am really ambitious, after all it's all I can do for my family's business... :)

Hehe....how nice. If only my mother would bought me UBot at 18. :)

I don't think the download exists (according to this discussion), so I guess you would have to contact the support, I think they should be able to help you getting v4.

Yeah, Gmail is being quite pain in the ass...after a few quick tries I got it working with this:

click($element offset(<class="goog-inline-block goog-flat-menu-button-dropdown">, 0), "Left Click", "No")
        wait for browser event("DOM Ready", "")
        wait for element(<class="goog-menu goog-menu-vertical">, "", "Appear")
        type text(<id=":0">, "December
", "Standard")

I'll try it out now! :D ( btw, yes my mom is a total sweetheart! I consider Ubot my sweet 16 gift! :D )

WHOOHOO!!! found the solution, I changed my useragent to IE6 and suddenly it turned into a regular dropdown not a fake one anymore!!

why didn't I think of this sooner?! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

p.s: I just realized that Justin told me to do the same thing...

• Like 1

The reason that gmail is hard to bot is not because of the dropdowns and the coding of it.... but of the fact that gmail suspects quickly that you are using a bot and will have verification mechanisms in place to stop using bots. Even if it works well the first time.

Good luck anyways..

WHOOHOO!!! found the solution, I changed my useragent to IE6 and suddenly it turned into a regular dropdown not a fake one anymore!!

why didn't I think of this sooner?! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

p.s: I just realized that Justin told me to do the same thing...

Yep, sometimes useragents can be your friend.  If you ever get stuck or need help feel free to pm me

The reason that gmail is hard to bot is not because of the dropdowns and the coding of it.... but of the fact that gmail suspects quickly that you are using a bot and will have verification mechanisms in place to stop using bots. Even if it works well the first time.

Good luck anyways..

I already know ^_^

I am keeping account creation to a minimum, I will be using it more for posting and liking stuff on G+