UBot Underground

HTML links in an e-mail

Hello, everyone,

I´m new to UBot and there´s a task I´ve found no way of getting around... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me first explain what this bot has to do:

Every day, a number of public companies may publish a document called CVM 358 to a public database. There is a number of steps to reach the page, but, in the end, it all comes to this: http://siteempresas.bovespa.com.br/consbov/InfoPerEventuaisBuscData.asp?site=C&ccvm=&razao=&acao=undefined

Date of reference is jan 17th 2014.

I can get the bot to choose the right parameters (Periodo da Consulta = "No dia", Categoria = "Valores Mobiliarios negociados e detidos (art. 11 da Inscr. CVM no 358)", Tipo = "Todos os tipos") and click the Search ("Buscar") button (exhibit 1.jpg)post-14651-0-04321400-1390936578_thumb.jpg

On the next page (exhibit 2.jpg)post-14651-0-98070800-1390936722_thumb.jpg, we can find the three companies that have published new information on that day. If we check the source code, though, we´ll find that those three links aren´t common html links. Instead, they bring up a java script that replaces part of the companies´ names and internal codes in a newly formed URL.

This is where things start getting tricky: We´ll notice that the site does not follow a standard to write the companies´ names (for example, SA, S.A. and S/A are all used on the same page). I´ve found a way of getting around that by creating a table with the companies´ names and searching for them on another page (exhibit 3.jpg): http://cvmweb.cvm.gov.br/SWB/Sistemas/SCW/CPublica/CiaAb/FormBuscaCiaAb.aspx?TipoConsult=c post-14651-0-59647300-1390937619_thumb.jpg. Clicking on the Continue ("Continuar") button is easy enough. The problem is that, sometimes, the names of the companies are not recorded correctly, so I´ve programmed UBot to remove the last 4 characters in every company name it types in that field.

The next page brings up a menu with a number of different information we can view (exhibit 4.jpg) post-14651-0-13081700-1390938225_thumb.jpg and we effortlessly click on "Valores Mobiliários negociados e detidos (art. 11 da Instr. CVM nº 358)" with UBot. Now comes the page I´ve been stuck in for the last three weeks (exhibit 5.jpg)post-14651-0-10501100-1390938328_thumb.jpg. I need the bot to scrape the Download link for the first item in the table and compose an e-mail with the name of the company and the Download link (or a table with the names and links, should more than one company release information on any one day).

My question is: Is it possible to get that Download link and use it to compose an automated e-mail?

I´m sorry to write so much on my very first post, but I really am lost here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Erik