UBot Underground

UBot Crashes When Opening a Project

I really hope one of you guys can help me.

I have been building a single bot all day everyday since I brought UBot a month or 2 ago but while I was working on it UBot crashed and now the project file wont open, UBot crashes every time I try to open it.

I have tried running UBot in compatibility mode and running as admin but I just cant get the file to open and really really dont want to lose this project.

Any advice on how to open this file?

Running:

UBot 5.05

Windows 8.1

CPU i7 2600k 4.6ghz

16gb ram

First make a copy of your file, then try and unzip it you will need to hand edit the contents, if you can't do that look for the start and ends of defines etc then copy them one by one into a new bot checking the code as you go , if you can't save the bot this way use windows restore roll back to the last restore point, been a lot of updates over the passes few weeks,

• Like 1

unzip .ubot file and try to understand what is the problem

First make a copy of your file, then try and unzip it you will need to hand edit the contents, if you can't do that look for the start and ends of defines etc then copy them one by one into a new bot checking the code as you go , if you can't save the bot this way use windows restore roll back to the last restore point, been a lot of updates over the passes few weeks,

Thanks so much guys, I didn't realize you could unzip the projects :)

The problem was I edited a function to add another parameter and the function was already called elsewhere without that parameter. Once I deleted the call in dreamweaver and pasted it all into a new project I was good to go.

Thanks alot for your help.

• 11 months later...

Just wanted to say this thread saved my ass big time... Same thing happened on a similar setup - altered a define and boom wouldn't load anymore

Had no clue .ubot files are just zips of the source - I managed to put it all back together out of Notepad++!

I was sure I was going to have to rebuild from scratch - it took me a week to build the damn thing in the first place

zap - you rock!