UBot Underground

compiled application run requirements

I'm pretty sure all of the standard required files for an application are downloaded automatically if the computer does not have them. I may be wrong though...

Anyone else have an issue with version 5 compiled scripts? I can compile my script in old version 4 and it runs on any machine I copy it to.

Since upgrading to version 5 if I compile the same script it will not run on any machine unless I first install the version 5 editor. The compiled script loads in to memory but never actually executes. Makes it impossible to give out the complied scripts if they don't run.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the same problem here man.. :| My bots only work on MY computer.  I took a copy via USB drive down to my brother's house and tried running it.  Runs in background but the window never pops up.

Got the same problem here man.. :| My bots only work on MY computer.  I took a copy via USB drive down to my brother's house and tried running it.  Runs in background but the window never pops up.

We did send out an update for this issue for 5.0.5: http://tracker.ubotstudio.com/issues/178

There is also a work around on that issue in the tracker.

We did test the issue after the update, but if you encounter the issue in 5.0.5 compiled bots, please let us know at support.ubotstudio.com and we'll take another look.

Thanks everyone.

I just read that issue and I noticed this: "The compiled bot will download all required support files required for the bot to run."

I was wondering why are compiled bots downloading files again, didn't you say that's not always feasible?

Compiled bots will need to download support files the first time it runs on systems that have never had UBot installed.

If you want to avoid downloading, you can simply include the support files with the compiled bot with the installer feature we have added.

Feel free to open a ticket at support if you have any more questions about support files, compiled bots or any other features. 

Is there a way to include the files without the installer?

I have bough a installer i use with ubot and it would be nice to be able to include those files in a external installer instead of the built in installer.

Compiled bots will need to download support files the first time it runs on systems that have never had UBot installed.

If you want to avoid downloading, you can simply include the support files with the compiled bot with the installer feature we have added.

Feel free to open a ticket at support if you have any more questions about support files, compiled bots or any other features. 

Thanks fro explaining.