Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Total Memory:8Gb
  • Framework:v3.5
  • License:Developer Edition

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Okay, I got it set up.  Now I just have to modify my bot to run off the database the way that kev outlined, but I figured I could take a break to explain how you can set up your site to do this without paying for any form plugin or service (although jotforms looks really good, they wouldn't let me have fields for 'email' and 'password' so I had to figure something else out).  

I like to use Wishlist Member plugin for Wordpress to set up all my membership sites.  I bought their license that lets me install it on as many domains as I want and I think it was something like $200 one time fee.  It's by far the best investment I have made (next to ubot) and has paid for itself many times over. I recommend it, but if you have another way to charge people for this service and protect the content so they have to pay to get access, then by all means save your money.  

This will work on a non-wp website and it will actually be a bit easier to set up, but I will explain how to do everything.

Step 1: Do everything Kev generously outlined for setting up the php script where people will be sent after they click submit.  You can remove the field for IP unless you want to set up a script that captures their IP and sends that in a hidden field.  Leave the field for submission_id.  You will need this one otherwise the whole script and database stuff won't work.  Here is my exact script I used minus my database login credentials:

<?php
function ExtendedAddslash(&$params)
{
       foreach ($params as &$var) {
           // check if $var is an array. If yes, it will start another ExtendedAddslash() function to loop to each key inside.
           is_array($var) ? ExtendedAddslash($var) : $var=addslashes($var);
           unset($var);
       }
}
// Initialize ExtendedAddslash() function for every $_POST variable
ExtendedAddslash($_POST);  

$submission_id = $_POST['submission_id'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$password = $_POST['password'];

$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_username = '-------';
$db_password = '-------';
$db_name = '-------';
mysql_connect( $db_host, $db_username, $db_password) or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($db_name);
// search submission ID
$query = "SELECT * FROM `myTableName` WHERE `submission_id` = '$submission_id'";
$sqlsearch = mysql_query($query);
$resultcount = mysql_numrows($sqlsearch);
if ($resultcount > 0) {

mysql_query("UPDATE `myTableName` SET
                               `submission_id` = '$submission_id',
                               `email` = '$email',
                               `password` = '$password',

WHERE `submission_id` = '$submission_id'")
    or die(mysql_error());

} else {
    mysql_query("INSERT INTO `myTableName` (submission_id, email, password)
                              VALUES ('$submission_id', '$email', '$password') ")
    or die(mysql_error());
}
  header( 'Location: http://google.com' ) ;
?>

Step 2: Create the form.  This took a while for me to figure out because I don't know php, but after I got it I realized how easy it actually is.  What's cool is that you can set up the forms with bootstrap, css3, html5, etc. so they look really nice on all different devices.  I have an android phone and it has a smaller screen than most phones so I like this because I can make it look good on my phone as well as all other smartphones.  Keep in mind that I'm using wordpress and php doesn't work inside wordpress so I had to get a plugin called Shortcode Exec PHP.  It lets you execute PHP inside your posts or pages or whatever.  Here is the PHP I set up inside that plugin.  If you aren't using wp then you can skip this part and just use the php script straight inside the code for your form.  I set up a new shortcode [random_number] with the code:   echo(mt_rand(1,999999999));

After that I use that shortcode in the form.  Here's the entire code for that form:

<form action="../../submissions/mySubmissionScript.php" method="post" name="myForm">
<input type="hidden" name="submission_id" value="[random_number]"><br>
<h3>Email
<input id="email" type="text" name="email" /></h3>
<h3>Password
<input id="password" type="password" name="password" /></h3>

<input type="submit" value="Submit" />
</form>

Step 3: Follow the rest of Kev's instructions on setting up the loop so your bot checks for new submissions and runs 24/7.  That's the part I'm on now.  

#42 webpro

webpro

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationQuebec
  • Framework:v4.5+, unsure

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

Kev, this is the best late Xmas gift i received !

Guys, you can LIKE da post you know

2cents

#43 HelloInsomnia

HelloInsomnia

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3213 posts
  • Total Memory:More Than 9Gb
  • Framework:v4.5+, unsure

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

Kev, this is the best late Xmas gift i received !

Guys, you can LIKE da post you know

2cents

You can't see who liked the posts anymore but I am sure many have already :)

#44 Kev

Kev

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Total Memory:3Gb
  • Framework:v3.5 & v4.0

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Folks

Just a quick update for you. Later this week, or possibly later today, I'll share a video with you of me automating the whole jotform > php file creation > database set up and table creation + columns. I use it all the time when I want to make a new automated bot.

You'll love it and it will save you all the steps above. However, you need to know how to do all of the steps above in order to understand the whole process. Sometimes you might need to make minor tweaks to the php file and understanding the flow like you've learnt will enable you to move through this so much quicker.

Also, just to be transparent here. I actually created another way that will only run the software WHEN it needs to, eliminating the need to run the bot 24/7. It does not need to implement a database locally nor uses a database. It uses everything you've already got in this thread.

More later,

Kev

PS click on my link in my sig to join my fb group

Sell Software tools? Then You Need Us

#45 jamesfar

jamesfar

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Total Memory:More Than 9Gb
  • Framework:v4.0

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

Folks

Just a quick update for you. Later this week, or possibly later today, I'll share a video with you of me automating the whole jotform > php file creation > database set up and table creation + columns. I use it all the time when I want to make a new automated bot.

You'll love it and it will save you all the steps above. However, you need to know how to do all of the steps above in order to understand the whole process. Sometimes you might need to make minor tweaks to the php file and understanding the flow like you've learnt will enable you to move through this so much quicker.

Also, just to be transparent here. I actually created another way that will only run the software WHEN it needs to, eliminating the need to run the bot 24/7. It does not need to implement a database locally nor uses a database. It uses everything you've already got in this thread.

More later,

Kev

PS click on my link in my sig to join my fb group

Can wait to watch it Kev :)

The best proxies provider so far.
* Fast and Great Support. * No software restriction.

* It is favourite proxies provider on GSA forum. * Almost 2000 positive reviews on fiverr. * More than 1000s active clients

Try It !

#46 Kev

Kev

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:33 AM

Ok folks, below is a youtube video of the entire walk through for developing the php file, creating the database, DB table and naming all the columns. It takes literally just one minute to do automically as opposed to 15-20 minutes the manual way.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

#47 positivity13

positivity13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Total Memory:4Gb

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hi Kev,

Awesome tutorial!!!

The one thing im stuck on is putting the actual bot and batch file on the server. I have made sure it is a windows one but lost how to actually put it on.

Any help guys?

#48 Kev

Kev

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Hi Kev,

Awesome tutorial!!!

The one thing im stuck on is putting the actual bot and batch file on the server. I have made sure it is a windows one but lost how to actually put it on.

Any help guys?

Hi

Stuck how exactly? Where to put the exe? Where to put the batch file?

I keep all the exe and batch files together for each project. e.g. c:\specificbot\bot.exe for the exe and for the batch c:\specificbot\bot.bat

#49 WarrenIndLLC

WarrenIndLLC

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Total Memory:4Gb
  • License:Professional Edition

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hey Kev,

Love the work!

I was wondering if you had a tutorial for running the software only WHEN it needs to so the bot doesn't have to run 24/7? I can't wait to see it put to work as I believe it's my last step to really get things working!

Thanks!

#50 Kev

Kev

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Hey Kev,

Love the work!

I was wondering if you had a tutorial for running the software only WHEN it needs to so the bot doesn't have to run 24/7? I can't wait to see it put to work as I believe it's my last step to really get things working!

Thanks!

Started a thread on that very question here http://www.ubotstudi...-iphone-part-2/

#51 -Illuminati-

-Illuminati-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • License:Professional Edition

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:14 AM

I don't know if bumps work on this forum, but this is really interesting and I feel others should see it to. So if it bumps, bump!

#52 cob007

cob007

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Total Memory:2Gb

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:23 PM

does this still work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic