UBot Underground

[SOLVED!] Who Else Wants The <optgroup> Tag To Be Fixed??

Who Else Wants The <optgroup> Tag To Be Fixed??  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the UBot Team to fix the <optgroup> tag in the HTML Panel so we can dynamically update drop-down menus?

• Yes! I want the UBot Team to FINALLY fix this issue!
    • No! I am happy that we cannot dynamically update drop-down menus!

I really can't believe this isn't in Ubot 5. To be honest im a bit disappointed in Ubot 5. I thought it was going to be a big core update, but its just Ubot 4 with new colors and a few extra features. Its still slow as anything loading and working with big bots and features like optgroup still don't work. To me these were more important than adding 3 or 4 new features.

For my part i ain't disapointed AT ALL ! Once the bugs get fixed, it will be awesome ! It's a HUGE update. I mean 99% of the things i wanted to see are added and that's just the begining.

For my part i ain't disapointed AT ALL ! Once the bugs get fixed, it will be awesome ! It's a HUGE update. I mean 99% of the things i wanted to see are added and that's just the begining.

I guess i'd feel differently if it didn't take 25 minutes to load my bots still.

The way I have worked around it for now is getting the user to press a button then the info will update,  the same as what it does if they switch tabs.

but yes would be nice.

Hey there,

http://screencast.com/t/9AFiNKEHwe

Does this show the solution to your problem re:optgroup?

We have done some incredibly fundamental changes to UBot Studio in the latest release, most of which you aren't aware of. Several dev users have a feature that they specifically wanted which didn't get added, and there are thousands of you, so it does take effort to determine what will be the most effective use of our development time for the majority, but we are confident that the new additions and changes will help continue to move internet marketing automation forward.

Regarding slowdown for large bots - there are solutions. If your bot is taking 25 minutes to load, I think you may want to join the UBot Studio skype group and work with some of the brilliant folks in there about how to correct that. Bottom line - that's not normal.

We will be releasing a feature request and bug tracker soon, and your posts such as this one will go there in the future, where we can sort and view issues more easily. 

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Like 3

Ok maybe 25 minutes was an exaggeration. It takes about 5-6 minutes. The bots working slowly has been a problem forever and reported by many users. This happens every time. Ubot slows down slightly every time you add code to it. In the beginning its not noticeable but if you want to create any sort of market ready bot it becomes a huge pain.

Ive contacted support about this and they said they "think" its because of a lot of define commands. So I guess I should stop using define commands and completely recode my biggest bot? Thats like saying to a PHP developer, "You use too many functions". You can see an example of how slow it gets trying to work with Ubot in the short video I made. Its painstaking.

http://tinypic.com/r/fwomti/5

Now the new features are fine and dandy but it really would have been nice to address speed issues, and some other things that have been reported over and over again.

Hey there,

http://screencast.com/t/9AFiNKEHwe

Does this show the solution to your problem re:optgroup?

We have done some incredibly fundamental changes to UBot Studio in the latest release, most of which you aren't aware of. Several dev users have a feature that they specifically wanted which didn't get added, and there are thousands of you, so it does take effort to determine what will be the most effective use of our development time for the majority, but we are confident that the new additions and changes will help continue to move internet marketing automation forward.

Regarding slowdown for large bots - there are solutions. If your bot is taking 25 minutes to load, I think you may want to join the UBot Studio skype group and work with some of the brilliant folks in there about how to correct that. Bottom line - that's not normal.

We will be releasing a feature request and bug tracker soon, and your posts such as this one will go there in the future, where we can sort and view issues more easily. 

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I do have to say that this fix is much better than before. It was an absolute pain to load dropdowns with variables on the fly. Good work!

Yes this is a great fix! Much easier to populate drop down menus!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...