UBot Underground

How do you start with a new project?

Hey all!

I wanted to ask you guys just what the title stated, how do you start off when you are going to create a new (commercial) bot.

Usually i obviously start with an idea and then simply start within ubot creating stuff. But i have the feeling i could be way more productive and ahead of problems when i write the steps out first.

There must be many ways to write this out but im sure there is a proper way to do this.

Any advice from our community would be very appreciated.

Opening notepad/notepad++/sublime, writing out the logic ahead in plain english. It helps organize what needs to happen and also sets the main goal. From there see if there's any recyclable code you can use. Write some basic definitions, focus on the needed interactions between ubot and the site first. Once that's figured out you can move towards polishing it off and adding features that may/may not be necessary. 

I normally have a pencil and paper (I know, how oldschool!!) to jot down my thinking, what I want it to do and then group commands together to make defines easier to do.

I then crack a Ubot template that I have open - it has the licensing / proxy / multithreading / common things already in that I use in most bots so I just need to put in a few defines with the new stuff in and I am good to go.

Think the quickest bot I have made doing this is a webmail account creator that was done start to end in about 20 minutes.

• Like 1

He's right... re-using already wrote code for common tasks is key to become more efficient.

I am keeping all my defines and stuff in .txt files, but I will now assemble the most important ones in a template like malefic just said.

An excellent idea.

Sometimes I wanna hit my forehead for not thinking of such elementary things sooner. :)

Cheers, mate!

• Like 1

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply but a day after starting this thread my gf came with a nice birthday gift, few days in Paris ;)

Anyways, ot, thanks for the great tips offered here.

Indeed i gues its a combination of all of you replies. First ill start to write a basic bot with all the proper basic things like the proxies, multithreading etc. So i can easely can go from there with the proper defines.

Thanks guys!