UBot Underground

Craigslist Posting Doesn't Work Anymore?

So, I've had a craigslist posting bot that's been running for the past year or so without any problems, however, as of recently craigslist has made some changes and any post I make using the bot is automatically ghosted. I've even tried just a single command bot that changes the proxy and then posting manually through the bot window and that didn't work, so somehow craigslist knows that the window I'm using is a bot window. If I just use a regular browser window, IE, Chrome, Firefox, then I can post no problem. Any idea how craigslist knows that it's a bot window?

Have you tried changing useragents to match those of your real browsers?

Yes, that's how I had it in the original bot that was working fine, it would switch around between IE 10, FF 6 and Chrome. I have also tried switching between all the user agents but no luck.

Yes, that's how I had it in the original bot that was working fine, it would switch around between IE 10, FF 6 and Chrome. I have also tried switching between all the user agents but no luck.

That could be the reason your ads are getting ghosted. CL is recording that you are logging in with different browsers each time a new ad is posted, thus it may think you are trying to trick it. You need consistency with little changes or CL will question WTF. I mean, who uses 3 different browsers to post to CL daily...or just regular usage for that matter.

I use a single laptop and just Chrome as the user agent and have no issues. I also only post a new ad every 8 - 9 hours. More than that and your ads will get blocked.

That could be the reason your ads are getting ghosted. CL is recording that you are logging in with different browsers each time a new ad is posted, thus it may think you are trying to trick it. You need consistency with little changes or CL will question WTF. I mean, who uses 3 different browsers to post to CL daily...or just regular usage for that matter.

I use a single laptop and just Chrome as the user agent and have no issues. I also only post a new ad every 8 - 9 hours. More than that and your ads will get blocked.

This isn't the problem, I have several PVA accounts and each one would only one user agent, each account had a different user agent though. I also tried making new PVA accounts with each user agent and no luck. I post maybe 100-200 ads a day between the accounts, each account posts probably around 20-30 a day, but all this was working fine for the past year, it's just been lately that it suddenly stopped working and the ads posted with ubot would get ghosted.

• 8 months later...

location posting in needs to match that of the ip your using otherwise it gets ghosted immediately or within 5 minutes of posting

This 100% correct. Might want to try using cell phones along with pva's. It use to work that way for me.