UBot Underground

Actually bought this ages ago and went to use it for the first time, and have the same issue with the html to pdf, I get a currupt document error trying to open the file that was output:/  Not sure why I have 2 different html2pdf and html to pdf, but both have the same issue.  IMHO if this plugin has basically been abandoned and is not being fixed, this thread should be removed.

its been mentioned above that it will be removed for the one that is not working.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it only works with standard simplified html at this time.  more interest has to come for the plugin to expand it.         its independent to v4 or v5 so it works in any version   hasnt had much intere

1 or the other should be working cant remember which.

I have given attention to aymen about this thread, and hes going to look into it as soon as he can.

its the "htmltopdf" one that doesn't work at all... and the "html to pdf" one that generates a file, but the file is corrupt cannot be opened with any anything. I just tried it a bit more and I guess it does work with a very basic html command, so I dont know what is causing it, wether its images or js maybe... trying to capture a webpage from a fairly basic website (I tried google.com just to test it) is where I get the corrupted file... and maybe its a ubot 5.5 thing I dunno... it throws an "Object reference not set to an instance of an obect" error in UBS...

Here is some example code if you'd like to take a look

navigate("https://www.google.com/","Wait")
wait for element(<name="btnI">,"","Appear")
set(#scrapedpage,$scrape attribute(<itemtype="http://schema.org/WebPage">,"outerhtml"),"Global")
plugin command("pdf plugin.dll", "htmltopdf", #scrapedpage, "{$special folder("Application")}\\google1.pdf")
plugin command("pdf plugin.dll", "html to pdf", #scrapedpage, "{$special folder("Application")}\\google2.pdf")

Only basic HTML works with HTML to PDF in my experience, dug into this a lot when I got it initially and no JS, no styling code etc work, just basic HTML, images etc. It works well to produce a nice PDF, but nothing fancy.

Keep the HTML simple and it will work fine.

HTH

it only allows for basic html it was mentioned before earlier on in the thread as well I do believe Aymen mentioned it?

It was originally built with v4 ubot in mind as thats when it was released. 

With the current sales of the plugin I doubt its going to be converted for v5 without it being a separate version to cover development time.

This was a joint project with Aymen and myself.

it only allows for basic html it was mentioned before earlier on in the thread as well I do believe Aymen mentioned it?

It was originally built with v4 ubot in mind as thats when it was released. 

With the current sales of the plugin I doubt its going to be converted for v5 without it being a separate version to cover development time.

This was a joint project with Aymen and myself.

So... its abandonware then... yet its still for sale...  as I mentioned earlier, this should be pulled off the market if its not being supported any longer...

So... its abandonware then... yet its still for sale...  as I mentioned earlier, this should be pulled off the market if its not being supported any longer...

Hey Dankass - 

The PDF plugin works, replied to your post above, just need to use basic HTML, nothing fancy like I and others mentioned. I have several apps running with this plugin and it works great. Both the authors are responsive in my experience. Try it with basic HTML and you'll find that it works like I did.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Just to pick up on this and clarify before I grab this

Can it handle stuff like colours  / font sizes and weights etc and is there anyway to include images within the pdf outputs in the current verison of this plugin?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Ok, will there actually be a normal working plugin to print out a more complicated html to PDF?

it only works with standard simplified html at this time.  more interest has to come for the plugin to expand it.  

Has this been updated for v5 and features added? When was last update?

its independent to v4 or v5 so it works in any version

Images would be a terrific feature. Is it still being considered?

hasnt had much interest in the plugin so it hasnt been expanded further at this point in time.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone have a pdf submitter? Something that would:

1) create the pdf with your link

2) create accounts on the pdf submission doc sharing sites

3) submit the pdfs with a description, tags and links

on autopilot?