UBot Underground

Regex to find email addresses at specific domain

Man this is driving me nuts. I just need a regex to use in a scrape to find any email address at a particular domain. such as my.dog@specificdomain.com or hasfleas7@SPECIFICDOMAIN.COM

I've tried every regex I can think of and I just can't seem to get it quite right.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate regex?

It is a lot easier to find a solution if you provide a context in where your problem occurs. (I used to dislike regexps too, then I saw the light. :)  Regexp is God's gift to humanity, the liberator of a lot of problems, the best thing when compared to sliced bread. :)  I still learn a lot, but even on the nub level like where I am, it is simply put FANTASTIC!)

You could use this regex

[a-zA-Z0-9\._\-]{3,}(@|AT|\s(at|AT)\s|\s*[\[\(\{]\s*(at|AT)\s*[\]\}\)]\s*)[a-zA-Z]{3,}(\.|DOT|\s(dot|DOT)\s|\s*[\[\(\{]\s*(dot|DOT)\s*[\]\}\)]\s^*)[a-zA-Z]{2,}((\.|DOT|\s(dot|DOT)\s|\s*[\[\(\{]\s*(dot|DOT)\s*[\]\}\)]\s*)[a-zA-Z]{2,})?$

or this one

[a-zA-Z0-9\-\_]+\@[a-zA-Z0-9\_]+\.[a-zA-Z0-9\-\_]{2,4}

The top one will allow things like   myemail[dot]domain[dot]com for example as well as the usual  myeamail@domain.com

hope that helps

• 3 weeks later...

Try this:

[a-zA-Z0-9\.]*@(specificdomain.com|SPECIFICDOMAIN.COM)

I'm toying with this one today, but I run into the problem that the above regex returns "@domain.com" with no prefix when those exist.

None of these regexs are fully correct. There is something called IDNs, which makes it a lot harder. They are not that widely spread,but they do exist.

Add to this that there are additional TLDs coming, e.g. .bank, .travel etc. Pure h*ll. :)

None of these regexs are fully correct. There is something called IDNs, which makes it a lot harder. They are not that widely spread,but they do exist.

Add to this that there are additional TLDs coming, e.g. .bank, .travel etc. Pure h*ll. :)

He wants to match it to a specific domain though so he knows the TLD. But you're right that it's not fully correct. Here is the best version:

[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@(?i)specificdomain.com