UBot Underground

Forgive me if I don't use the right bot terminology as I am a bit new.  But I'll do my best to describe the issue.  

I am creating a CL posting bot for real estate for my own personal use.  i can get it to navigate to CL, log in, choose the city, state, etc but when it goes to the actual page to post the text in the Price, Bedroom, SqFt, Posting Title & description CL says some fields are missing or incorrect.  I used the text fields correctly and up until that one page it all works fine.  

I even used the "camera" feature on the "type text" command because i noticed that the html coding was changing a bit each time I used the element selector.  I'm assuming CL does this to prevent bots...would that be correct?.  However, using the "camera" feature still didn't work for the bot to recognize each field therefore it just skips over them.  I did notice when I used the element selector and chose the element that CL seems to be rotating those fields in the html or something thus confusing the bot and not allowing it to enter in the text from the UI text fields.  

Anyone know what the issue is?  Or a workaround?  Or what I"m doing wrong?

I ran the nodes individually with using the "camera" feature to find the fields and it entered the text just fine....looks a little "herky jerky" when it does it though.....

Also, any tips on how to select from a drop down menu?  seems like it selects it then leaves the drop down menu visible in the browser window.

any insight would be appreciated.  D

hmmm.. .just watched a regular expressions video on element selection, you may need to use an asterix in the specified string... (ps I'm a noob also and working on my first bot, already jv'd through jvzoo.  Sorry, can't remember the video name, but Lily was the trainer in that one. 

Just curious gavind, how would a proxy ip solve this? 

(if that is the case, then Duncan you can navigate to an ip sepcified at glypeproxylist.com (or search for glylpe for another site)) and run your bot from there)

• Like 1

thanks dennis and gavin for your input....i'm going to be exploring the suggestions.   This stuff is certainly fascinating.  got my bot to navigate to CL and post info but am wanting some advanced spinning features.  i kept refreshiing the page and running the bot and all the sudden I'm on Craigslist's "captcha" radar.  next step is to integrate solve captcha, spinning headlines and IP's then testing....gonna be fun..

@dennis, yeah I saw that video that the girl lilly did....a bit beyond my expertise at this point but I'm slowly grasping it....she's good...

thanks guys...if anyone else has any insight on Craigslist posting I'd certainly like to hear it....