UBot Underground

Today it just occurred to me that this forum lacks an external resources library or reference guide of sorts, for people looking at automation from (maybe) different standpoints.

So here is this thread - please feel free to add what you guys read on other places, where you learn stuff, news, etc...

This is NOT the place to write extended how to's or explain tips & tricks in detail, per se, but rather just what the links are about, in a few words, followed by the resource link itself.

If you want to explain a new technique or have a tip or trick to share, open your own thread in the appropriate section and just link to it from here.

Let's keep this thread as clean as possible.  Thanks!

What do YOU read?..

• Like 1

...and here comes the first one, from me, to whet your appetite:

Hartley Brody talks about scraping (he codes mainly in Python) and the techniques and tools he uses.

We may all find a few good ideas there - the post is awesome, especially coming from someone so high profile.  Enjoy your read!

• Like 1

http://www.schrenk.com/nostarch/webbots/

webbots, spiders and screen scrapers.  This is the first (and only) book I got on automation years ago.  This really sparked my interest in web automation and opened my eyes to the possibilities.

Great idea for a thread, btw.  I'm looking forward to see what others post.

• Like 2