UBot Underground

[SELL] SQLite Database Plugin

Any chance of hoping for that the two needed sqlite dlls will get distributed together with the bot itself, that is, included with the downloadable items?

Users are idiots ;) and most if them don't know how to install things like sqllite.

• Like 1
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you sick of using text files and CSV files to store your data in the most unprofessional way possible ?   Now with SQLite plugin for Ubot , you will be able to store data , update data , delete da

Hi Everyone, I wanted to confirm the same issues with SQLite and NULL values and DOUBLE QUOTES in your literal strings. I wrestled with this for several hours till I had a breakthrough via trial&

Update 1.2   -Added a grid window command   http://content.screencast.com/users/aymen99/folders/Jing/media/ec539139-86a3-4465-afa6-c33278242026/2013-04-06_1906.png   http://content.screencast.com/user

Posted Images

If I understand correctly all you have to do is provide the 2 Sqlite dll files (in the video) with your bot. They don't need to install anything else but your bot. Your bot just calls for the dll's to be in the same folder as your bot.

If I understand correctly all you have to do is provide the 2 Sqlite dll files (in the video) with your bot. They don't need to install anything else but your bot. Your bot just calls for the dll's to be in the same folder as your bot.

Yea thats right

It doesn't help. If it's not distyributed with the bot, then it causes problems. If someone must copy some files that is.

Can you say what kind of problems it can cause ?

If you just send a link to the bot, they download and save it. When clicking on it, it downloads all necessary bot resources. If you don't download the SQLite resources at that time, but rather require these resources to be a part of a bot package, ppl will just give up IMHO.

If you just send a link to the bot, they download and save it. When clicking on it, it downloads all necessary bot resources. If you don't download the SQLite resources at that time, but rather require these resources to be a part of a bot package, ppl will just give up IMHO.

I don't fully undrestand what you trying to say :) , but isn't it easier to package the dll files with the exe and share it that way ??

i've never stumbled into any problems that way !

Hmmm... I got the impression that the DLLs were NOT packaged together with the bot-exe, or have I misunderstood it? (never tried it I should mention)

Hmmm... I got the impression that the DLLs were NOT packaged together with the bot-exe, or have I misunderstood it? (never tried it I should mention)

they are not packages with the exe by default but you can do 2 things...

1. zip them up together. so that the download zip for your bot.exe also contains the 2 SQLite files...

2. Package them together with an installer. (inno setup is a great free installer) This is the option I use. This way you are sure that all your files get placed in the correct space and all the files are included. This also saves a lot of time coding in ubot because now I don't have to check if folder or file exists and create one in ubot. I can just have the installer create the folder/files at install.

Inno setup also have a gui called inno script studio which makes it even easier to create a setup file.

@Josh: Thanks, but this is exactly the problem.

I am about to distribute a small marketing tool (it's a bot for a simple contest) to my customer. 45 locations and at least 2 PCs per location. These people, their employees, are really good at what they are doing which is not computer stuff (and in fact this is also one of the reasons why I am making this bot, that is, to make this process soooo much easier). The organization is spread over several countries (roughly 30 countries) at small offices per country, meaning, no IT staff can be called in.

So, what I need is to get all needed files packed in together with the bot file like with any other plugin. I am sure it can be solved with an installer, but just imagine that the bot gets updated with new plugins, which will result in that those ppl need to uninstall and then re-install (or possibly just re-install) the bot. I tell you, it won't work. I know their kind. I have met a few of them. They are technology dyslectics / disabled. :)

@Josh: Thanks, but this is exactly the problem.

I am about to distribute a small marketing tool (it's a bot for a simple contest) to my customer. 45 locations and at least 2 PCs per location. These people, their employees, are really good at what they are doing which is not computer stuff (and in fact this is also one of the reasons why I am making this bot, that is, to make this process soooo much easier). The organization is spread over several countries (roughly 30 countries) at small offices per country, meaning, no IT staff can be called in.

So, what I need is to get all needed files packed in together with the bot file like with any other plugin. I am sure it can be solved with an installer, but just imagine that the bot gets updated with new plugins, which will result in that those ppl need to uninstall and then re-install (or possibly just re-install) the bot. I tell you, it won't work. I know their kind. I have met a few of them. They are technology dyslectics / disabled. :)

the dll files that need to be included with the bot are not really necessary to be updated... its 2 files + the bot exe file. I've been in this biz for going on 20 years and believe me, I know what you mean about low-techs, but this really is easily solved. If you are afraid they cant unzip a zip file (and I know the type that cant!) then just distribute a self extracting zip.

Apparently I am the only one seeing a problem with this. :) It's probably because I am one of a few that has corporate clients with ordinary ppl as users and that I have met a few of them. Well, in my opinion this plugin breaks the setup of how bots using plugins is supposed to work with downloading the resources needed.

I appreciate all of your help, and the self extracting zip is probably the closest one so far, yet I cannot risk any hassle ahead. I will simply have to use a CSV file that the bot grabs remotely and manipulate it using the new table commands. Initial tests shows that it will work, although not very fast, but it can be downloaded in the background and it will apply the same mechanism as all other bots using plugins.

Apparently I am the only one seeing a problem with this. :) It's probably because I am one of a few that has corporate clients with ordinary ppl as users and that I have met a few of them. Well, in my opinion this plugin breaks the setup of how bots using plugins is supposed to work with downloading the resources needed.

I appreciate all of your help, and the self extracting zip is probably the closest one so far, yet I cannot risk any hassle ahead. I will simply have to use a CSV file that the bot grabs remotely and manipulate it using the new table commands. Initial tests shows that it will work, although not very fast, but it can be downloaded in the background and it will apply the same mechanism as all other bots using plugins.

Trust me I have had clients (more than one) who didn't even know how to add an attachment to an email. I am a believer that people in general are stupid. You have to make it all idiot-proof.

That said an installer would work perfectly for this, and is much safer because it doesn't rely on a connection to your server to download the files. But since you don't want to use an installer...

DOWNLOAD THE DLL FILES FROM YOUR SERVER!

You said that is what you would do for a csv file so do the same for the two dll files. I just tested it and it works .

Noooo, that will only cause additional problem... ;) :D

Seriously, it's a brilliant idea. Why the heck didn't I think of that myself? :)

(regarding your experience with these types of users makes me believe we have the same client :) ;) )

Thanks mate!

Not sure why you need an installer or why you think they need to install anything. The developer installs initiaslly an Dev's computer  to create DB and design DB. The bot just needs those dll files to interact with the DB - also provided with bot if necessary.

You don't need an installer for the dll files, There is no installation necessary. Any software that uses Sqlite has to have these files in the same folder where the bot is... that is it. All you have to do as mentioned above is include those file in the same folder as the bot. In a zip folder. If there is an update to the bot or dll files you just send the  update as you would your bot just include the updated files ie. your bot if updated or the dll's if there was an update from Sqlite.

Example

If you just have an mybot.exe file that runs your bot and they don't need anything else to run your bot, just by clicking the .exe file your bot does it's thing. Simple right?

Now, if you are using a data base Sqlite. All you have to do is include the dll files in the same folder as your bot. So, make folder for your bot like you would organize anything else. Copy and paste your bot and the 2 dll files in to your folder, Zip it and distribute. It's the same exact thing as if you are using .csv file included with your bot.

If they can't unzip your folder then they shouldn't be in the position to even operate a computer.

Now, all they have to do is.....dunt...dunt dahhhh!! open the folder and run the bot. Bot works!!! with Sqlite database, Oh of course you have to include the database if it's not created by the user.

If you are using a Mysql server hosted some where, you can't use this plugin for that. Mysql and Sqlite are different. Obviously.

HTH

TC

Noooo, that will only cause additional problem... ;) :D

Seriously, it's a brilliant idea. Why the heck didn't I think of that myself? :)

(regarding your experience with these types of users makes me believe we have the same client :) ;) )

Thanks mate!

Downloading the files is actually not a bad idea... I needed to download a couple files for a different purpose one time... here is how I did it... (code adapted)

define autorun {
    set(#appfiles, $get files($special folder("Application"), "No"), "Global")
    if($contains(#appfiles, "System.Data.SQLite.dll")) {
        then {
        }
        else {
            download file("http://yourdomain.com/System.Data.SQLite.dll", "{$special folder("Application")}/System.Data.SQLite.dll")
        }
    }
    if($contains(#appfiles, "System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dll")) {
        then {
        }
        else {
            download file("http://yourdomain.com/System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dll", "{$special folder("Application")}/System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dll")
        }
    }
    set(#appfiles, $nothing, "Global")
}

> If they can't unzip your folder then they shouldn't be in the position to even operate a computer.

@Traffik Cop:  I know you mean well, but some ppl actually do not work with neither computers nor online marketing. :)

It's solved now. There is a solution, or actually two. Thanks for the script, dankass.

Update :

Due to Some Rules set by Ubot Team that require users to have UBot Studio Professional to work with databases , i'm afraid that this plugin will be accessible to only Pro and Dev Users !

An update will be released today !

Also if anyone bought this plugin that have standard version , you have two options , first upgrade to pro , second option is to PM and i will send you a refund !

i apologize for this , but i cannot do anything about it !

Not sure why you need an installer or why you think they need to install anything. The developer installs initiaslly an Dev's computer  to create DB and design DB. The bot just needs those dll files to interact with the DB - also provided with bot if necessary.

You don't need an installer for the dll files, There is no installation necessary. Any software that uses Sqlite has to have these files in the same folder where the bot is... that is it. All you have to do as mentioned above is include those file in the same folder as the bot. In a zip folder. If there is an update to the bot or dll files you just send the  update as you would your bot just include the updated files ie. your bot if updated or the dll's if there was an update from Sqlite.

Example

If you just have an mybot.exe file that runs your bot and they don't need anything else to run your bot, just by clicking the .exe file your bot does it's thing. Simple right?

You are absolutely correct you don't NEED and installer. BUT!!!! I think an installer makes it even more dummy-proof, and here is why....

An installer gives you the ability to install the bot in a directory away from accidental stupidity. Which means it's very difficult for an idiot to accidentally delete the .exe or the .dll's or any other file or folder that is required to run your bot. It can create a shortcut on the desktop to your .exe. All that is required by the user is to double click the setup file, and click a next button. and bam they are done. The installer will even open the .exe for them the first time.

Like I said before, I think people, in general, are morons, and anything I can do to dummy-proof things I will try to do.

Update 1.3 :
Added $sqlite data reader function : this function will allow you to get a single result or multiple result in variable (this result is best used when dealing with selecting one column of the database for example "select name from names where score=65" )

PS : From now On this plugin will be available only to Pro and Dev users !