UBot Underground

Browser window freeze when connect to mail server command executed

It depends on how many emails are in that account.

I have a Gmail with almost 100k emails.

I had to restart my PC when I tried to work on that one; now I'm afraid to touch it again.  LOL

For the future, I started to create many different accounts for different purposes.  They will collect much less data each and will be far easier to manage.

I have a bot that does a LOT of things to emails that I am coding right now.  It works like a charm on such a new account where I only accumulated like a bit less than 200 emails now.

I have a Gmail with almost 100k emails.

Haven't used gmail with ubot yet, but I suspect that if this might be an issue that can be solved by using labels.

Are all your emails sitting in your inbox?  If so, you can move your mail into labels and keep the inbox small. And that  should speed things up.  And you can still use the All Mail feature to see everything. Downside is that unless you are using an IMAP client, you have to do this manually.

Yeah, I am using labels, it is already hard with those too... (already over 200 labels, some kinda overlapping here and there)

Also, this account kinda gets flood from all the other Gmail accounts I have for specific purposes, just so that I didn't need to open them all in separate tabs.

Even with labels, the amount of emails in the Inbox is staggering.

After all, I am getting probably more than 1k new emails in 24 hrs (most of them I delete) not to mention spam.

But even the ones I keep and categorize are a 'meaty' number, LOL.

From what I've noticed from the other, smaller accounts I'm now accessing with UBot, the emails in Spam and the archived & deleted emails (still available under ALL MAIL) that don't show in Inbox, won't be loaded when UBot connects to the account.

Keep the inbox small to makes processing speed consistent.  It's not clear from you reply whether you are simply adding labels to the messages or moving them to the label. 

The key is to "move" the messages to get them out of the inbox. If you just add a label to a message it stays in the inbox.

For fast processing, POP3 clients can store the .eml locally (if required) and delete the message out of the inbox. Make sure that gmail is configured to accept the delete command, otherwise it will ignore the delete instruction. If you need to keep the emails in gmail, then you need to go in and move the messages manually from time to time to keep the inbox size down.

• Like 1
For fast processing, POP3 clients can store the .eml locally (if required) and delete the message out of the inbox. Make sure that gmail is configured to accept the delete command, otherwise it will ignore the delete instruction. If you need to keep the emails in gmail, then you need to go in and move the messages manually from time to time to keep the inbox size down.

This is extremely useful info, thanks for that.

I asked support WHY I couldn't delete emails with POP3 from my Gmail account, although I could read them w/o issues and they recommended to switch to IMAP instead (which worked indeed) claiming that POP3 delete just doesn't work, for no particular reason given.

From your answer, I deduct there must be a Gmail setting I have to check in order to make this work, which is something I didn't know.

Thanks for the professional answer!