Seth Turin

Administrator

• ADMIN
  • 1171 posts
  • Total Memory:8Gb
  • Framework:v3.5 & v4.0
  • License:Developer Edition

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

It looks like scheduling is coming out ahead in the new feature poll. We'll probably do sockets too. But as far as scheduling goes, we have some ideas, but what would you guys need to accomplish with it?

Are you scheduling automation tasks for yourself, or making bots to sell with scheduling?

If you're selling the bots, would your customers need access to the scheduler?

In what other ways might you use a scheduling system?

Do you have any ideas on how it should work/look/feel?

All the marvels of the modern world exist because of automation. Automation lets us be more human, and more than human. Visit my blog.

#2 VentureOnline

VentureOnline

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Total Memory:4Gb
  • License:Standard Edition

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I for one would love users to have access to the scheduler. I don't think it would need to be too complicated. Just a way for the user to decide intervals when commands should be run. So just like a button can run a command we can tie the scheduler to the command as well.

#3 a2mateit

a2mateit

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1763 posts
  • Total Memory:More Than 9Gb
  • Framework:v4.5+, unsure

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Since there are just so many different things that ubot is used for this becomes quite difficult I suppose.

I would think that the end user should be able to schedule the bot to run at a pre-determined time. 

So maybe it would run certain custom commands, or a "schedule" code function like the "define" but it would be defineschedule. 

*404 ERROR*

#4 HelloInsomnia

HelloInsomnia

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2938 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think it would be cool to set a certain time a define command (or commands) can be ran at. Then have the ability to repeat daily, hourly and so on. This way users can setup a bot to do several things like at 10am follow 100 people on Twitter, at 10PM unfollow those who don't follow you back - then repeat daily. Something like that would be incredibly cool.

#5 Twitter Dominator

Twitter Dominator

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Scheduling should be done in this manner:

Date time activation of a task ( future event management )

also

Scheduling intervals lets say , run every 10 mins or every 2 days then pause, run once a week etc..

It should also be available to the bots after compiling and for the end user as well, much like all other seo type software that has scheduling available to run tasks in intervals and date time management

just an after thought , make the task management feature hold a new form of define so its a container above the define command, ie:

define makes custom commands and functions

time define , holds many define commands and or functions and is part of a larger group of container management for the bots

Rush Hour Traffic Software -  Ubot Developer and Coder - New Project Requests - pm me for information and pricing.

** HTML UI / Ubot Coder / Twitter / Facebook / Social Media Bot Creations - Professional Windows OS Software Installer For Your Ubot Bots **
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solve Captchas Over a 1000 types Including ReCaptcha   Join today and completely reduce your captcha solving costs! Solves The Most Captchas of any software current available
http://solvecaptchas.com/

#6 rulez05

rulez05

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

I hope scheduling will be implement so I will not use win automation sucks. so I only need ubot my favorite thing

#7 Anonym

Anonym

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

The users should have access to the scheduler.

#8 P0s3id0n

P0s3id0n

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I think the define schedule is the best approach and also have an UI Schedule fully compatible with the define schedule

The define schedule will have a drop down as of what type like daily, every xyz minutes or at a specific day/time and the command will run all the actions inside the define based on the schedule

#9 Legend

Legend

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1454 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I tend to follow the KISS (Keep it Simple, Stupid!) method of bot development in which case I would generally not allow user access. However, I do realize that user access might be desirable at some point, and so at least the ability to collect input from users (in the form of variables) to pass on to UBot for "time control" would probably be the best way to go, IMHO.

... this message has been approved by me...

ola.gif

#10 Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Custombotsolutions.com

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3166 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

All of them are cool but the most important is the scheduler.

For others, Please add this trick by tonyH here http://www.ubotstudi...omation-filled/ and also ubot licensing system for developers.

#11 socialcracker

socialcracker

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Framework:v4.0

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

All of them are cool but the most important is the scheduler.

For others, Please add this trick by tonyH here http://www.ubotstudi...omation-filled/ and also ubot licensing system for developers.

This ^^

#12 Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Kreatus (Ubot Ninja)

Custombotsolutions.com

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3166 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

This ^^

Lol. I just realized i posted it on a wrong thread. that post should go here http://www.ubotstudi...eatures-to-add/

#13 Seth Turin

Seth Turin

Administrator

• ADMIN
  • 1171 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

The Define Scheduler Command idea sounds like a pretty good way to go. The only thing I'm still working out is parameters. If you define a command for the scheduler, and compile it to a bot, how would the compiled bot user specify parameters for the command?

All the marvels of the modern world exist because of automation. Automation lets us be more human, and more than human. Visit my blog.

#14 pftg4

pftg4

Homer

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Total Memory:3Gb

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Define Scheduler Command can't you just add parameters like we do in the define command and pass them when we run the sceduler

Pftg4

Diplomacy is the art of telling somebody to go to hell in such a way as they actually look forward to the trip.

#15 AutomationNinja

AutomationNinja

Advanced Species

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1296 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

basically choose a date and a time...

It is never too late to click the like button ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Posted Image

Happiness is the real goal

#16 entroqy

entroqy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

My 2c. Scheduling can be tricky -  what granularity is being used? What is being scheduled?

I have several apps with schedulers built in, (obviously not ubot code)  I can tell you what I have found useful. Whether that maps onto something that works for ubot only ubot can decide.

1. The bot is started either manually or by the Windows task scheduler. Not the job of the internal scheduler to run the bot. A command line option determines whether the scheduler is active.

2. Schedule items are contained in a list. each entry consists of a time and a duration e.g. . - hhmm   ddd with duration in minutes by default. I've never needed more than 0000 - 2400, but you could get fancy with days of the week or dates as well.

3. when the bot is started with the scheduler enabled, it determines where in the schedule it fits and then continues from that point onwards. If the schedule says it should be active, it does NOT activate, but waits for the next start event.

4. You need some override option so that you can enable / disable the scheduler manually.

5. The scheduler sets/resets a property isActive. While isActive is true the bot will do whatever it is supposed to do. This way logic in the bot can determine whether it makes sense to run or not as well. If things are bad, it can switch itself off.

The UI I have is a simple grid with start time and duration. The grid is kept sorted by time and you can insert, edit, delete entries. Different schedules can be saved and reloaded. I also have a random scheduler which allows the user to configure certain parameters to control attributes of the schedule.

There are plenty of ways to do something like this, the above works for me.

#17 botmaker7

botmaker7

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

I think the best thing is having a caladar icon in the UI and when the user clicks it brings up a full featured 12 month calandar they can schedule events into. Also lots of shortcuts are necessary.. maybe have an editors toolbar for scheduling the same task every day over the month, adding and deleting, performing multiple edits at once etc.

I think lots of different views of the calandar are required. Example maybe some people want the calandar to only display 1 day at a time and make detailed scheduling, others might want to mass edit tasks over 1 week, 3 months, all 12 etc.

Can't wait to see a sheduler built into ubot, that;s gonna be so badass! :)

#18 ptv001

ptv001

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

i suggest combine multi-threads with schedule, it would be much better!

#19 richim1

richim1

Advanced Member

• Fellow UBotter
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

When this feature will be added?

#20 jason

jason

Advanced Member

• ADMIN
  • 615 posts
  • LocationBay Area
  • Total Memory:2Gb

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

We don't have any timetables for this feature, but Seth asked about it because we are interested in adding it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users