UBot Underground

Checking public proxies.

Im using public proxies, some work some do not. So what I need to do is test the proxy when my bot starts and if the proxy doesnt work move on to another proxy. I know how to move on to another proxy, but what is a good way to test the proxy?

Just taking a guess I come up with this, but is there going to be a better way?

change proxy("100.100.100.100:100")

navigate("http://www.ubotstudio.com/resources", "Wait")

if($exists(<src="/assets/red_logo.png">)) {

then {

}

else {

}

}

I'm sure that adding extraneous traffic to the link above is not to be seen with good eyes by the Ubot team...

You should rather try to navigate to Google... don't you think?

After looking at this for a while, Im still not sure what the best way to do it would be. I want to

import a proxy list

assign a position to that list starting with zero

test proxies starting with zero

If not, text the next proxy.

if it works move on to the rest of the code that is also a loop.

After looking at this for a while, Im still not sure what the best way to do it would be. I want to

import a proxy list

assign a position to that list starting with zero

test proxies starting with zero

If not, text the next proxy.

if it works move on to the rest of the code that is also a loop.

I would change it for each bot. Some sites respond better to proxies than others. There's no sense in confirming a proxy is alive and works with google, only to find out it doesn't work on the site you are navigating to. Just use the same code in your OP, but use your actual site to test it.

Im using public proxies

Thats the probem

1, will it work

2, will it work under load

3, what sort of proxy is it? Anonymous, SLL, Elite, Codeen, Socks

4, what speed will it work at

By time you have covered all this you may as well pay for private proxies and save on the pain

I personally scrape proxies see if they are transparent or not and add them to two seperate lists.

Like zap suggested above if you need proxies that work most of the time get private.

If your trying to boost a sites visitor count for example public would work.

I have been using public proxies because of the volume and the number of them that I can get. I have not found private proxies to be cost effective unless you know something that I dont :D

I have been using public proxies because of the volume and the number of them that I can get. I have not found private proxies to be cost effective unless you know something that I dont :D

You can get shared private proxies...

You can get 100 shared proxies for $35 a month if you look around.

(proxy51)

Not affiliated with them in any way, nor have I used them. But I have only heard good things about them.

No problem.

If you do end up ordering from them you should report back on how well they do or don't work.

Been thinking about trying them out, but I just can't see shared proxies working as good as private ones.

I use proxy51, I've jumped around multiple providers and find them to be more reliable. They have an Api you can use in ubot (create a table and set the file to the web address, change the delimiter in ubot to a colon and viola you can use the api).

You can get shared private proxies...

You can get 100 shared proxies for $35 a month if you look around.

(proxy51)

Not affiliated with them in any way, nor have I used them. But I have only heard good things about them.

This is a very good info and sounds like a reasonable deal thanks mate for sharing ! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...