UBot Underground

Can't download file from UBot

I'm trying to download a bunch of files from a website, and each is on its own page with a Download button. No problem so far. But unfortunately, the download button itself doesn't function in UBot. Even clicking it manually won't work. I get a save dialog, but when I look at the resulting file it's always 1k of nothingness. Clicking the same button in FireFox, results in a proper file (these are mostly .mov video files).

So, I really can't even progress to the point of dealing with the save dialog or file downloading, if the file can't even be downloaded manually from the UBot browser. Anyone know what gives here?

Jonathan

Hey Jonathon,

What site are you trying to download from?

What specific button are you having troubles with on that page?

A little more info will go a long way

Justin

It's a site called videoblocks.com and I've already scraped a list of the videos I want to download. I could do them manually in my browser but this seemed like such a perfect task for UBot, till I ran into this.

The download buttons look like this:

<a class="download-now" href="/member/getfile/pde8cEbobH8pri74l5Ws/"><span>Download</span></a>

So it's going through another script to actually deliver the file. But even clicking the button myself won't be able to download the file in UBot, but works perfectly in Firefox.

Thanks...

Jonathan

Hey Jonathon,

Unfortunately that is a paid site...

I tried to sign up for the 7 day trial, but they are asking for my CC info.

Sorry I couldn't help...

Justin

Is the download button a flash object? If so, I don't think it will be possible to do...

I can take a stab at it though if you feel comfortable sending me your login info via PM. It's up to you.

Justin

Is the download button a flash object? If so, I don't think it will be possible to do...

I can take a stab at it though if you feel comfortable sending me your login info via PM. It's up to you.

Justin

Nope not a flash object. No problem sending you my info, will PM shortly... thanks!

Jonathan

Hey John,

Jonathon PM'ed me his info and this is what I have come up with so far:

set(#name, $scrape attribute($element offset(<tagname="h2">, 0), "innertext"), "Global")

set(#url, "http://www.videoblocks.com{$scrape attribute(<innertext="Download">, "href")}", "Global")

download file(#url, "{$special folder("My Documents")}\#name.mov")

Shouldn't this work? It keeps giving me a 403 error...

I'm sure he has already sent you a PM with a little more info.

Justin

John,

Changed it to fullhref, and it no longer gives the 403 error. But it is not downloading the video either. Instead it's downloading the page :blink:

I'm at a loss on this one... remember, this is NOT just a problem of UBot automation. Even navigating to the site, logging in, and clicking the download button MANUALLY from the UBot browser will fail.

Any other clever ideas?

Jonathan

Hey Jonathon,

I am also un able to download a file from the ubot browser.

I am also getting the 1k file that is nothing...

I have tried using all of the available user agents and still cannot download a video successfully.

OK thanks, that confirms what I felt all along which is that this site is revealing some sort of limitation of the UBot browser itself. :(

Is it still using the IE engine?

Jonathan

No longer using IE.

It is using Awesomium which I believe is a version of Chrome. But from my encounters so far is not very stable...

For example you can check this thread were I am having CONSTANT crashes on one of my bots. Not a matter of if but when:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9286-ubotbrowserexe-has-stopped-working

Wow... that's very unfortunate. Seems so odd though that in this case it has nothing even to do with running a bot, just a simple download button that won't function.

I have no problem clicking the button with Chrome itself... whatever Awesomium is, either it has some seriously fundamental problems or the problem lies elsewhere.

Jonathan

Wow... that's very unfortunate. Seems so odd though that in this case it has nothing even to do with running a bot, just a simple download button that won't function.

I have no problem clicking the button with Chrome itself... whatever Awesomium is, either it has some seriously fundamental problems or the problem lies elsewhere.

Jonathan

Awesomium:

http://awesomium.org/

Still hoping they get the bugs out. From what I have been told about my specific problem, it will hopefully be solved when they (awesomium) update. I was told that was the problem for my specific case, and I believe it is so...

I have never been steered wrong yet, and the advanced members will surely figure out a solution for this.

But this does seem awful weird because it does work in every other browser that I have tested. :blink:

Does anyone in formal UBot support have any idea what's going on here? It certainly seems to be a bug/issue with the browser itself since it doesn't involve any botting at all. I was excited to get back into using UBot again and this was such a perfect job for it, but now I'm going to have to throw in the towel if nobody knows a solution. :(

Jonathan

Jonathan. you'll need to submit the script so we can get it to Eddie. You can send it to me, or you can attach it to a ticket. Either way we'll have him look and see if there is something he can do about it.

John

But that's my just my point - there is no script required. Just open the UBot browser, manually log into www.videoblocks.com and try to download a clip. This has nothing at all to do with any bot, it's an issue with the browser in general.

Jonathan

try this code, tested it works great, download takes time

click(<class="download-now">, "Left Click", "No")
save downloaded file("{$special folder("Desktop")}\\{$rand(111111111, 9999999999)}.mov")

Try that code how exactly? I'm talking about not being able to even download with a physical push of the button in the UBot browser. I'm not even dealing with coding issues, just getting the UBot browser to be able to download in the first place.

Download speed isn't an issue as I'm on 105MBit, but all I can ever get is the same empty 1k file from UBot (and only UBot).

Jonathan